The conference aims to serve as an opportunity for PhD students to interact, expose their progress and receive feedback from renowned international experts in the field.
Participants must be PhD candidates or doctoral graduates within the two years prior to the conference. A symbolic registration fee will be charged (10 €), as the conference is almost fully sponsored by AELCO.
The following keynote speakers have confirmed their attendance:
• Christopher Hart (Lancaster University, UK)
• Martin Hilpert (University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland)
• Iraide Ibarretxe-Antuñano (Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain)
• Laura Rosseel (KU Leuven, Belgium)
We encourage young researchers to submit proposals on any topic in the framework of Cognitive Linguistic, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Construction grammar and conceptual interaction between syntax and semantics
• Experiential basis of language in use
• Cognitive Critical Discourse Analysis
• Cognitive Linguistics and Translation • Cognitive Sociolinguistics
• Figurative language: Conceptual metaphor, metonymy and conceptual integration
• Cognition and multimodal Discourse
• Cognitive Linguistics applied to second language learning and teaching
• Language-cognition-culture interactions
Abstract Submission: Proposals for presentations should be submitted in the form of an abstract (max. 500 words including references). Presentations will last 15-20 minutes in total, followed by 5-10 minutes for questions and feedback and 5 minutes for room change. Abstracts should clearly state hypotheses, research questions, method, data and expected results. Only anonymized abstracts will be considered: please remove the author's name from the title and from references to earlier publications. Proposals must be sent as an email attachment (.doc, .docx, or .pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the message, please clearly state: title of the proposal, author's name and affiliation; and in the subject line: YRCL + SURNAME.
▪ Deadline for submissions: September 20
▪ Acceptance of proposals: October 10
▪ Deadline for registration: November 1
The conference website (https://sites.google.com/site/yrcl2019/home) will soon be activated.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Madrid in November!
The Organizing Team,
Gitte Kristiansen, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Manuela Romano Mozo, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
M. Dolores Porto Requejo, Universidad de Alcalá
Antonio Barcelona, Universidad de Córdoba
Maria Angeles Jurado Bravo, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
Maria Muelas Gil, Universidad de Castilla la Mancha
Daniel Martin González, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Inés de la Villa, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Comment on this blogpost
There are no comments.
You need to be logged in to post comments.